ʽAina Lani Pacific, LLC and our affiliates value your business and respect your right to privacy. The information you provide to us is collected with the intent of serving you better.
- Important Notice
- Personal Data We May Collect and Why
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our services).
We may collect the following data about you:
Contact details: your name, email address, telephone number, and other information so that we can contact you in response to an enquiry you make via our Site;
- Correspondence: we collect any additional personal data you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, through our website registration, letter or telephone, through our Site, by submitting a comment on our Site, or by any other means;
- Interest list registration: Our interest list registration is an opt-in program and collects information from you such as your name, email address, phone number, and other optional information fields.
- Survey responses: information from surveys that we use for research purposes or to better optimize our web sites for your specific needs, if you choose to respond to them;
- Details of visits to the Sites: details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address, weblogs and other communication data.
- What are Cookies?
- What Cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into a restricted page on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. You may not be able to use our Site without these essential cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature.
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown advertisements for products and services you may wish to buy. To try and ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you, third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of advertisements you will be shown, but simply makes the advertisements you see more relevant to your interests. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- How Can I Reject or Opt-out of Receiving Cookies?
- Third Party Cookies
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on our Site” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example Google analytics and Google remarketing.
- What are Cookies?
- How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To provide you with the products and services you have requested
We use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning customer to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
To send you service communications, including in relation to changes of our Terms. We use the contact details you have provided to us so that we can communicate with you about the products and services that we provide, including to let you know about any changes.
Direct marketing (including by third parties)
If you have provided your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS (only if you opt-in), social media, regular mail, telephone, or other method of communication.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails, or by contacting us at the phone number and address provided in Section 9 of this notice.
We will only share your personal data with our partners where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of their emails or by contacting us at the phone number and address provided in Section 9 of this notice.
To track your usage of our website, communications, products and services
To provide and improve customer support
We use your personal data to be able to provide and improve the customer support we offer you.
To maintain our records and improve data accuracy
Like any business, we process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
To respond to inquiries, complaints, and disputes
We may use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any inquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products or services to you, in the most effective manner.
To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations
In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies if they request it.
- Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We will never sell your personal data. We may provide your personal data to our suppliers and service providers, including other companies in our group, who provide certain business services for us and act as “processors” of your personal data on our behalf. In addition, we may disclose your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety, of our business, our customers or others.
- Links to Other Websites
- Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a social security number) is provided to us, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- How to Contact Us
For inquiries regarding your personal data, or for other questions related to the KilohanaMakai.com web site, please feel free to contact us.
ʽAina Lani Pacific, LLC
360 Papa Pl, #203,
Kahului, HI 96732
- Changes to this Notice.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and we will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.